TOGAF® Open Architecture Framework
Course number: CGITOGAF40
Gain the knowledge and skills needed to become certified in TOGAF 9.2.
TOGAF, an Open Group standard, is a proven enterprise architecture methodology and framework used by the world’s leading organizations to improve business efficiency. TOGAF helps practitioners avoid being locked into proprietary methods, utilize resources more efficiently and effectively, and realize a greater return on investment. TOGAF is an industry-standard architecture framework that may be used freely by your organization to develop an information systems architecture.
This is a highly interactive, BYOD course that requires classroom students to bring a notebook computer or tablet in order to access digital components of the courseware. Digital components include the ADM application, practice exams, module summary e-Learning content, and some course materials.
In this course, you will gain the knowledge needed to prepare for and achieve both TOGAF 9.2 Level 1 certification, known as TOGAF 9.2 Foundation, and TOGAF Level 2 certification, known as TOGAF 9.2 Certified. You will learn the technology, structure, and concepts of TOGAF 9.2. In addition to gaining the knowledge and comprehension of TOGAF 9.2, you will learn to analyze and apply this knowledge.
What You’ll Learn
- Architecture Development Method (ADM) phases in the development of an enterprise architecture
- Architecture Governance in development of an enterprise architecture
- TOGAF Architecture Content Framework
- Building Blocks concept
- Stakeholder Management Technique
- TOGAF Content Metamodel
- TOGAF recommended techniques when developing an enterprise architecture
- TOGAF Technical Reference Model and how to customize it to meet an organization’s needs
- Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- Key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- Partition an enterprise architecture to meet the specific needs of an organization
- Architecture Repository
- Apply iteration and different levels of architecture with the ADM
- Adapt the ADM for security
- SOA as a style of architecture
- Architecture maturity models in developing an enterprise architecture
- Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization
- No prerequisites or prior experience needed to take and successfully complete this course. However, experience in Enterprise Architecture would be helpful.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of TOGAF 1
- Professionals who are working in an organization where TOGAF 9.1 has been adopted
- Architects who will be responsible for developing architecture artifacts
- Architects who wish to introduce TOGAF 9.1 into an architecture practice and who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their detailed knowledge of TOGAF 1
TOGAF® Level 1 (Foundation) and TOGAF® Level 2 (TOGAF® Certified) from Open Group
You will schedule the exams through a Pearson Vue Test Center of your choice. The TOGAF 9.2 Level 1 certification exam is a 60-minute closed book exam. The TOGAF Level 2 certification exam is a 90-minute open book exam. You must pass the exams to achieve certification.
Post class completion, students can appear for the TOGAF® Level 1 and Level 2 certification exams
- Catalogs, Diagrams, and Matrices
- Data Architecture
- Catalogs, Matrices, and Diagrams
- Applications Architecture
- Catalogs, Matrices, and Diagrams
- Catalogs, Matrices and Diagrams
- Iteration and Levels