The Language of Emerging Technologies for Project Managers (ET4PM)
Course number: CGIET4PM40
Project Managers are routinely being asked to step outside of their comfort zones and manage teams and projects on emerging technologies that they may not be familiar with. While PMs may not necessarily need a deep dive into the advanced aspects of technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, and IoT, it can be extremely helpful to understand the specific terms associated with each of these disciplines. In Emerging Technologies for Project Managers, PMs will become familiar with common industry terms inside the disciplines of AI, DS, and IoT. Additionally, they will learn how to appropriately scope out projects in these disciplines, as well as understand how to plan for a variety of factors within their control, such as time, costs, and risks commonly associated with AI, DS, and IoT.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to pass your Emerging Technologies micro credential and will have a good understanding of managing projects in the fields of AI, DS, and IoT.
• Learn the basics of emerging technologies and why they are so important.
• Learn useful industry terms to help you better communicate with the teams you are managing.
• Understand how to properly scope AI, DS, and IoT projects.
• Learn to plan for Time, Costs, and Risks typically associated in AI, DS, and IoT projects.
• Understand additional resources and training available to you and your teams around AI, DS, and IoT.
- We highly recommend that an individual have PM experience, hold a PM certification, or have taken PM training.
This course is intended for anyone with project management training, credential, or experience who expects to be involved in the management of AI, DS, and/or IoT projects.
ETBIZ from CertNexus
CertNexus ETBIZ exam
Post class completion, students can appear for the CertNexus ETBIZ exam.
a. Understanding the terms used in the field of Artificial Intelligence
b. Determining the scope of Artificial Intelligence projects
c. Planning for Time, Costs, and Risks with Artificial Intelligence projects
a. Understanding the terms used in the field of Data Science
b. Determining the scope of Data Science projects
c. Planning for Time, Costs, and Risks with Data Science projects
a. Understanding the terms used in the field of the Internet of Things
b. Determining the scope of Internet of things projects
c. Planning for Time, Costs, and Risks with Internet of things projects