Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
Course number: CGISPHR40
In this course, you’ll discover the qualifications for HR certification and who is eligible. You’ll also learn about the contents of the SPHR® Exam by HRCI® and how the test is constructed. In addition, you’ll try the HR skill assessment tool to determine skill level and develop a personalized study plan. This course can be used in preparation for the HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) SPHR® certification exam.
What you will learn:
- Describe the SPHR® exam
- Describe the types of exam items
- Identify BoK and its relevance to the HR profession
- Identify the SPHR® exam eligibility and passing requirements
- Identify and assess your level of HR knowledge to create a study plan that will guide you in allocating the appropriate amount of study time
- Identify how to benefit from your SPHR® study plan
To be eligible for the SPHR, you must meet one of the following conditions for education and/or experience:
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position and a Master’s degree or higher, OR
- Have at least five years of experience in a professional-level HR position and a Bachelor’s degree, OR
- Have at least seven years of experience in a professional-level HR position.
The SPHR credential is designed for big-picture thinkers who are responsible for planning rather than implementing HR policy. The SPHR demonstrates your mastery of the strategic and policy-making aspects of HR management as practiced in the U.S.
SPHR from HRCI
SPHR exam from HRCI
Duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Exam Options: In person at Pearson VUE test centers or online via Pearson OnVUE
Exam length: 115 scored questions (mostly multiple-choice) + 25 pretest questions
Your SPHR certification is valid for three years after testing. To maintain your SPHR credential, you must earn 60 recertification credits over a three-year time span, or retake the exam. Of the 60 recertification credits required, 15 must be Business Management & Strategy credits.
Post class completion, students can appear for the SPHR exam from HRCI.