Personal Computer (PC) Fundamentals
Course number: CGIPC40
You will familiarize yourself with the basic components of personal computers, log on to Windows 7, explore the Windows 7 interface, manage files and folders, use the common tools and programs available in Windows 7, customize the Windows 7 desktop, and browse the Internet.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- examine the parts that make up a personal computer to familiarize yourself with the basic components and individual functions of each component.
- explore the Windows 7 operating system after logging on to it using the personal computer.
- manage files and folders using Windows Explorer to navigate to folders and manage files.
- examine the various categories of application software to use them for various business needs.
- customize the Windows 7 desktop using the customizing tools and shortcuts to personalize the desktop to suit your business requirements.
- identify best practices followed by professional personal computer technicians.
This course is targeted to individuals who do not have any background, knowledge, or experience in computers and who need to use personal computers at home or the office.
- Topic 1A: Identify Personal Computer Basics
- Topic 1B: Identify Input Devices
- Topic 1C: Identify Output Devices
- Topic 1D: Identify Storage Devices
- Topic 1E: Set Up the Computer
- Topic 1F: Examine Personal Computer Functionality
- Topic 2A: Log On to Windows 7 Operating System
- Topic 2B: Explore the Desktop
- Topic 2C: Work with Windows
- Topic 2D: Use Windows Help and Support
- Topic 2E: Turn Off Personal Computers
- Topic 3A: Navigate to Folders with Windows Explorer
- Topic 3B: Work with Folders and Files
- Topic 3C: Copy Data on Storage Media
- Topic 4A: Examine Application Software
- Topic 5A: Customize the Start Menu
- Topic 5B: Customize the Taskbar
- Topic 5C: Personalize the Desktop
- Topic 5D: Set a Screen Saver
- Topic 5E: Add Gadgets
- Topic 6A: Perform Preventative Maintenance