NISM Social Media Strategist (SMS)
Course number: CGISMS40
When people think of social media, they often immediately think about the tools, such as Facebook, Twitter and blogs. To be truly effective and efficient with your resources, you need a plan or roadmap to guide you through making the best decisions for you and your organization.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Determine their target audience and goals for their social media strategy.
- Understand the importance of listening to online conversations
- Know the different social media tools available to them.
- Learn how to generate content ideas and manage their time.
- Promote their new social media efforts.
- Measure their new social media efforts for their effectiveness.
- There are no prerequisites for this class.
Business owners or marketing managers that need a strategic plan to integrate social media into their marketing plan
- Topic 1A: Marketing Basics
- Topic 1B: Marketing Then and Now
- Topic 1C: Where Are You Now?
- Topic 1D: Choosing a Target Audience
- Topic 1E: Setting Goals
- Topic 2A: Why Listen?
- Topic 2B: Selecting Keywords
- Topic 2C: Monitoring Tools
- Topic 2D: What to Monitor
- Topic 2E: Responding to Comments
- Topic 3A: Blogs
- Topic 3B: Social Networks
- Topic 3C: Microblogging
- Topic 3D: Branded Social Networks
- Topic 3E: Widgets/Badges
- Topic 3F: Idea Sharing
- Topic 3G: Social Media Newsroom
- Topic 3H: Location-based
- Topic 3I: Choosing Your Tools
- Topic 3J: Blog Considerations
- Topic 3K: Spoke Considerations
- Topic 4A: Sources of Content
- Topic 4B: Editorial Calendar
- Topic 4C: Routines
- Topic 4D: Etiquette
- Topic 5A: Online Promotion
- Topic 5B: Offline Promotion
- Topic 6A: What to Measure
- Topic 6B: Benchmark
- Topic 6C: Moving Forward