Introduction to Google Analytics Training
Course number: CGIGA40
Every business and organization has an online presence. It may be a single website or multiple websites, mobile applications, or any combination. However your organization presents itself on the web, and through its applications vital to its success, knowing how people and customers interact with your websites and mobile applications can provide insights into how well the messages, pages, and other content is received. By monitoring, tracking, and analyzing how visitors interact with your website and apps, you can draw conclusions about the effectiveness of your site content, promotions, and advertising campaigns and technical details such as site architecture and navigation. Google Analytics™ is a robust analytics suite that is integrated with Google’s data and other application service offerings such as AdWords™ and AdSense™.
Google Analytics is free to use and easy to set up. It allows your organization to track user actions on your web properties and use Google Analytics’ rich reporting and analysis tools to analyze data, measure discrete interactions on your site, and qualify the success of your web initiatives. With Google Analytics, you can define success metrics for your website and measure that performance through data analysis. Google Analytics also lets you monitor your site in real-time, and provide alerts when events occur that are out of the norm.
Although it is easy to start using Google Analytics, its robust and complex suite of tools will take time to master. In this course, you will create a Google Analytics account, create multiple web properties to monitor, and tag website pages with Google Analytics tracking code. You will then create multiple views for collecting and analyzing data, and create filters, goals, and funnels for your views. You will then use Google Analytics real-time reports and dashboards to perform quick analysis of your monitored websites. Finally, you will perform more in-depth analysis of website data by using Google Analytics reports.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to implement Google Analytics and perform analysis using standard reports.
- Implement Google Analytics.
- Configure Google Analytics.
- Configure goals, funnels, and filters.
- Configure monitoring and alerting.
- Analyze website traffic.
- Analyze behavior and conversion.
- To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with using a web browser and productivity software (Microsoft® Office or Google Docs™).
This course is designed for users who wish to analyze website or mobile application traffic or online advertising campaigns for a variety of reasons including increasing customer reach, and increasing conversions. In this course, you will learn how to set up and use Google Analytics and Standard Google Analytics reports.
- Topic A: Overview of Google Analytics
- Topic B: Create a Google Analytics Account
- Topic C: Tag Your Pages
- Topic A: Configure Google Analytics Settings
- Topic B: Configure Accounts, Properties, and Views
- Topic A: Configure Goals
- Topic B: Configure Funnels
- Topic C: Configure Filters
- Topic A: Monitor Real-Time Reports
- Topic B: Manage Dashboards
- Topic C: Manage Custom Alerts
- Topic A: Analyze Web Traffic with Audience Reports
- Topic B: Analyze Web Traffic with Acquisition Reports
- Topic A: Analyze Data with Behavior Reports
- Topic B: Analyze Data with Conversion Reports
- Topic C: Create Reports with Google Data Studio