Implementing SAFe (SPC Certification)
Course number: CGISPC40
Implementing SAFe® offers attendees the broadest level of insight into each layer of a SAFe implementation. This course is for you if you want to be a leader in a Lean-Agile transformation. In addition, you’ll receive the guidance and tools you need to lead effectively in remote environments with distributed teams. If you’re designing Agile Release Trains or teaching those who do, achieving an SPC certification tells the world that you’re a true agent of change.
During this four-day course, candidates will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). Once they certify as a SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), candidates will develop the capability as leading agents for change and enable their organization to succeed in a disruptive marketplace.
This training will teach candidates how to effectively coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, and empower a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course, consisting of Leading SAFe® curriculum, will provide them with the basis to teach SAFe® to others, while the final two days are focused exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe® in the enterprise of the Scaled Agile Framework.
What you will learn:
- How to coach a SAFe transformation
- How to launch Agile Release Trains
- How to identify Value Streams
- How to build solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- How to empower a Lean portfolio
- How to understand each role within a SAFe implementation
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Program Consultant certification exam and practice as a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
The SPC certification is achieved after attending the 4-day SPC Certification Class and passing the SPC exam.
SAFe® 5 Program Consultant Exam
Post class completion, students can appear for the SAFe® 5 Program Consultant exam.
Note that attendees must attend all four days of the course to qualify for the exam.
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI)® for their certifications
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Trains
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building a Lean Portfolio
- Leading the Transformation
- About the Exam
- Reaching the SAFe® Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC)