Cyber Secure Coder
Course number: CGICSC40
The stakes for software security are very high, and yet many development teams deal with software security only after the code has been developed and the software is being prepared for delivery. As with any aspect of software quality, in order to ensure successful implementation, security and privacy issues should be managed throughout the entire software development lifecycle.
This course presents an approach for dealing with security and privacy throughout the entire software development lifecycle. You will learn about vulnerabilities that undermine security, and how to identify and remediate them in your own projects. You will learn general strategies for dealing with security defects and misconfiguration, how to design software to deal with the human element in security, and how to incorporate security into all phases of development.
In this course, you will employ best practices in software development to develop secure software.
• Identify the need for security in your software projects.
• Eliminate vulnerabilities within software.
• Use a Security by Design approach to design a secure architecture for your software.
• Implement common protections to protect users and data.
• Apply various testing methods to find and correct security defects in your software.
• Maintain deployed software to ensure ongoing security
various programming concepts, you do not need to have experience in these languages to benefit from this course. However, you should have some programming experience, whether it be developing
desktop, mobile, web, or cloud applications.
This course is designed for software developers, testers, and architects who design and develop software in various programming languages and platforms, including desktop, web, cloud, and mobile,
and who want to improve their ability to deliver software that is of high quality, particularly regarding security and privacy.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CertNexus Cyber Secure Coder (CSC) Exam CSC-210 certification.
CertNexus Cyber Secure Coder (CSC)
CertNexus Cyber Secure Coder (CSC) Exam CSC-210
Post class completion, students can appear for the CertNexus Cyber Secure Coder (CSC) Exam CSC-210.
- Topic A: Identify Security Requirements and Expectations
- Topic B: Identify Factors That Undermine Software Security
- Topic C: Find Vulnerabilities in Your Software
- Topic D: Gather Intelligence on Vulnerabilities and Exploits
- Topic A: Handle Vulnerabilities Due to Software Defects and Misconfiguration
- Topic B: Handle Vulnerabilities Due to Human Factors
- Topic C: Handle Vulnerabilities Due to Process Shortcomings
- Topic A: Apply General Principles for Secure Design
- Topic B: Design Software to Counter Specific Threats
- Topic A: Follow Best Practices for Secure Coding
- Topic B: Prevent Platform Vulnerabilities
- Topic C: Prevent Privacy Vulnerabilities
- Topic A: Limit Access Using Login and User Roles
- Topic B: Protect Data in Transit and At Rest
- Topic C: Implement Error Handling and Logging
- Topic D: Protect Sensitive Data and Functions
- Topic E: Protect Database Access
- Topic A: Perform Security Testing
- Topic B: Analyze Code to find Security Problems
- Topic C: Use Automated Testing Tools to Find Security Problems
- Topic A: Monitor and Log Applications to Support Security
- Topic B: Maintain Security after Deployment