Crystal Reports 2016 Part 2
Course number: CGICRYS240
Until now, you have used Crystal Reports to build and modify reports. You want to use the advanced functionality of Crystal Reports to generate reports in the format you desire. In this course, you will create complex reports and data sources using the tools in Crystal Reports 2016. You will not only create more sophisticated reports including subreports and cross-tabs, but you will also increase the speed and efficiency of your reports by using SQL queries.
Even though you are familiar with Crystal Reports, you may take some time to study its various tools that enable you to generate reports with the desired data using advanced methods such as SQL querying. This way, you won’t be slowed down by large databases or databases with which you are unfamiliar. By creating subreports, cross-tabs, and running totals, you will turn raw data into meaningful customized reports that will help your business run more smoothly. If you work with large databases, you may find yourself faced with performance issues. In this course, you will also learn to use tools that can increase the speed with which data is retrieved.
In this course, you will create complex reports using tools in Crystal Reports 2016.
- Create automatic and manual running totals.
- Work with cross-tab reports.
- Add subreports.
- Create drill-downs in a report.
- Use SQL statements in report processing.
- Create complex formulas.
- Add charts to reports.
- Enhance report functionality.
- To ensure your success, a knowledge of programming and/or SQL would be helpful.
This course is designed for people who know how to create basic list and group reports, and need to create reports that include subreports, cross-tabs, advanced formulas, and charts based on more than one data series. They may also need to build tools that make it easier for other people to create reports. They may or may not have programming and/or SQL experience.
- Topic A: Create a Running Total Field
- Topic B: Modify a Running Total Field
- Topic C: Create a Manual Running Total
- Topic A: Create a Cross-Tab Report
- Topic B: Format a Cross-Tab Report
- Topic C: Create Groups in Cross-Tab Reports
- Topic A: Insert a Subreport
- Topic B: Edit a Subreport
- Topic C: Share Variables
- Topic A: Create a Drill-Down
- Topic B: Create Headings for Drill-Down Data
- Topic A: Create a Report Using SQL Queries
- Topic B: Summarize Report Data
- Topic C: Create Joins Using SQL
- Topic D: Create Subqueries
- Topic E: Create a SQL Expression Field
- Topic A: Work with Loops
- Topic B: Work with Arrays
- Topic A: Create Charts
- Topic B: Create a Chart with a Drill-Down
- Topic C: Create a Top N Chart
- Topic D: Create a Cross-Tab Chart
- Topic E: Create Charts for Grouped Data
- Topic F: Format a Chart
- Topic G: Create a Chart Template
- Topic A: Organize Data Based on a Hierarchy
- Topic B: Create a Dynamic Image
- Topic C: Create a Report Alert
- Topic D: Create a Geographic Map