AWS (Amazon Web Services) Certified Database
Course number: CGIAWSCD40
This course will help you learn the design considerations for hosting databases on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). You will learn about our relational database services including Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift. You will also learn about our non-relational database services including Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB. By the end of this course, you will be familiar with the planning and design requirements of all 8 of these AWS databases services, their pros and cons, and how to know which AWS databases service is right for your workloads.
What will you learn?
- Apply database concepts, database management, and data modeling techniques
- Evaluate hosting databases on Amazon EC2 instances
- Evaluate relational database services (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift) and their features
- Evaluate nonrelational database services (Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB) and their features
- Examine how the design criteria apply to each service
- Apply management principles based on the unique features of each service
- At least 5 years of experience with database technologies
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience working on AWS
- Experience and expertise working with on-premises and AWS-Cloud-based relational and nonrelational databases
This course is intended for:
- Data platform engineers
- Database administrators
- Solutions architects
- IT professionals
AWS Certified Database
AWS Certified Database – Specialty Exam (DBS-C01)
• The AWS Certified Database – Specialty exam (DBS-C01) is 65 questions; either multiple choice or multiple response. You will have 180 minutes to complete the exam.
• AWS Certification Cost: The registration fee for the AWS Certified Database – Specialty exam (DBS-C01) is
$300 (subject to change).
Post class completion, students can appear for the AWS Certified Database – Specialty exam (DBS-C01).
- Module 0: Planning and Designing Databases on AWS
- Module 1: Database Concepts and General Guidelines
- Module 2: Database Planning and Design
- Module 3: Databases on Amazon EC2
- Module 4: Purpose-Built Databases
- Module 5: Databases on Amazon RDS
- Module 6: Databases in Amazon Aurora
- Module 7: Databases in Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB compatibility)
- Module 8: Amazon DynamoDB Tables
- Module 9: Databases in Amazon Neptune
- Module 10: Databases in Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (Amazon QLDB)
- Module 11: Databases in Amazon ElastiCache
- Module 12: Data Warehousing in Amazon Redshift
- Module 13: Course Review