Crystal Reports 2016 Part 1
Course number: CGICRYS140
Organizations use reporting tools to access data sources and generate customized reports. Crystal Reports® 2016 enhances report building and report processing techniques with a variety of features that add value to a presentation. In this course, you will create a basic report by connecting to a database and modifying the report’s presentation.
Information is critical to making sound business decisions. Data presented without any formatting or structure holds little or no meaning for interpretation. Crystal Reports 2016 helps you build advanced reports with ease, presenting complex information in an understandable way.
In this course, you will connect to a database to extract data and present it as a report.
- Identify the elements of the Crystal Reports interface.
- Create and modify a basic report.
- Use formulas to calculate and filter data.
- Build a parameterized report.
- Group report data.
- Enhance a report.
- Create a report using data from an Excel workbook.
- Distribute data.
- Before taking this course, learners should be familiar with basic computer functions, such as creating and navigating folders, opening programs, manipulating windows, copying and pasting objects, formatting text, and saving files in Microsoft® Windows®.
- In addition, learners should have taken the Microsoft® Office Access® 2016: Level 1 course or have equivalent experience with basic database concepts.
This course is designed for people who need output from a database. In some cases, database programs have limited reporting tools, or such tools may not be accessible. Students may or may not have programming or SQL experience.
- Topic A: Explore Crystal Reports
- Topic B: Use Crystal Reports Help
- Topic C: Customize Report Settings
- Topic A: Create a Report
- Topic B: Modify a Report
- Topic C: Display Specific Report Data
- Topic D: Work with Report Sections
- Topic A: Create a Formula
- Topic B: Edit a Formula
- Topic C: Filter Data by Using a Formula
- Topic D: Work with Advanced Formulas and Functions
- Topic E: Handle Null Values
- Topic A: Create a Parameter Field
- Topic B: Use a Range Parameter in a Report
- Topic C: Create a Prompt
- Topic A: Group Report Data
- Topic B: Modify a Group Report
- Topic C: Group by Using Parameters
- Topic D: Create a Parameterized Top N Report
- Topic A: Format a Report
- Topic B: Insert Objects in a Report
- Topic C: Suppress Report Sections
- Topic D: Use Report Templates
- Topic A: Create a Report Based on Excel Data
- Topic B: Modify a Report Generated from Excel Data
- Topic C: Update Data in a Report Based on Excel Data
- Topic A: Export Data
- Topic B: Create Mailing Labels