CMMC Kickstart: A Practical Guide to Getting Ready for CMMC
Course number: CGICMMCK40
The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), managed by the CMMC Accreditation Body (CMMC-AB), is a Department of Defense (DoD) program through which an organization’s cybersecurity program is measured by their initial and ongoing compliance with applicable cybersecurity practices, as well as their integration of corresponding policies and plans into their overall business operations. By Fiscal Year 2026, all organizations providing products or services to the U.S. DoD must obtain at least a Maturity Level 1 certification under this program. This course will help you and your organization understand and plan for the impact of CMMC.
In this course, you will identify the key elements and potential impacts of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) program.
- Identify the crucial elements that are driving the CMMC initiative
- Describe the architecture of the CMMC Model and the rationale behind it
- Use the Assessment Guides to prepare your organization for a successful CMMC Assessment
- Identify the roles and responsibilities in the CMMC ecosystem and during an Assessment
- All you need to ensure your success in this course is an interest in the CMMC program and how it might impact your organization.
This course provides an introductory overview of the CMMC program for organizational decision makers. Business and IT leaders and IT staff might consider taking this course to learn about the CMMC Model to get a sense of what’s required for a successful assessment, and the various ways they can start preparing.
- Topic A: Identify the Threats and Regulatory Responses
- Topic B: Identify Sensitive Information
- Topic A: Describe the Rationale for CMMC
- Topic B: Describe the CMMC Model Architecture
- Topic A: Scope Your Environment
- Topic B: Analyze the CMMC Assessment Guides
- Topic C: Evaluate Your Readiness
- Topic A: Identify the CMMC Ecosystem
- Topic B: Describe a CMMC Assessment