Course number: CGIB40
The Blockchain and Ethereum Certification course is designed to introduce you to the concepts of Blockchain and its platforms – Bitcoin, Ethereum, Hyperledger and Multichain. The course provides an overview of the structure and mechanism of Blockchain. You will learn about the Ethereum ecosystem, how smart contracts are developed using Solidity, and how to deploy a business network using Hyperledger Compose.
What you will learn:
Blockchain and Ethereum Certification Training provides you developer-level insights into the Blockchain technology and its platforms. The course will provide an overview of the structure and mechanism of Blockchain. You will be able to understand how Bitcoin transactions are stored and mined on a Blockchain. You will be able to develop your private Blockchain and deploy smart contracts on Ethereum. You will also learn how to develop and test your business network on Hyperledger Composer, and how to setup a private Blockchain on Multichain platform. Detailed analysis of use-cases will teach you about how the Blockchain technology is shaping the future of world.
- Development experience with an Object-oriented language is required.
- Basic knowledge of networking and Linux would be advantageous.
The course is ideal for anyone with a technical background including:
- Software Developers
- Project Managers
- Solution Architects
- Support Professionals
- Product Managers
- How does our current financial system work?
- What can be the possible solution?
- What is a distributed system?
- What is Blockchain?
- How does a Blockchain work?
- Properties of Blockchain
- Evolution of Blockchain
In this module, you will learn about the concept of cryptocurrencies, predominantly Bitcoin, and Blockchain structure along with cryptography and consensus mechanisms.
- Anonymity and Pseudonymity in Cryptocurrency Programmable Money
- What is inside a block?
- Hash Functions and Merkle Trees
- Components of Blockchain Ecosystem
- Cryptography and Consensus Algorithms
- Types of Blockchain
- Side Chains: another type of Blockchain
- Blockchain Platforms
In this module, you will learn about Bitcoin mechanisms and how the Bitcoin network works. You will understand why transactions with Bitcoins are secure and efficient.
- What is Bitcoin?
- Why use Bitcoins?
- Bitcoin Trading: Buying, selling and storing Bitcoins
- Bitcoin Ecosystem
- Structure of a Bitcoin Transaction
- Scripting language in Bitcoin
- Applications of Bitcoin script
- Nodes in a Bitcoin Network
In this module, you will learn how Bitcoin mining works and how blocks are added in the Blockchain. You will also be taught how to mine Bitcoin from your own personal computer.
- Bitcoin Economics
- What is Bitcoin Mining?
- Types of Mining and Consensus
- Assembling and selecting chains of blocks
- Mining and the hashing race
- Mining Pools
In this module, you will learn about Ethereum and how it uses the Blockchain technology to create a vast variety of decentralized applications with the help of Smart Contracts.
- What is Ethereum?
- Introducing Smart Contracts
- Cryptocurrency in Ethereum
- Mining in Ethereum
- Consensus Mechanism in Ethereum
- Platform Functions used in Ethereum
- Technologies that support Ethereum
- Ethereum Programming Language
- Components for development of Ethereum
- DApps Editors and tools
- Frontend Development
- Ethereum Test Networks
- ERC Tokens
In this module, you will learn to develop your own Smart Contracts using Solidity on the Remix IDE.
- Introducing Solidity
- Sample Code
- Layout of Source File
- Structure of a Contract
- State Variables
- Functions Types
- Reference Types
- Special Variables and Functions
- Expressions and Control Structures
- Function Calls
- Error Handling
- Visibility for Functions and State Variables
In this module, you will learn the advanced concepts of solidity including importing libraries, modifiers, and event handling. Also, you will learn how to incorporate a front-end GUI to your solidity contracts using Truffle and web3.js.
- Importing Smart Contracts
- Events and Logging
- Error Handling and Exceptions
- Common Pitfalls
- Gas Limit and Loops
- Sending and Receiving
- Ether Recommendations
- Contract ABI
- Setting up the development environment
In this module, you will learn how to develop a DApp service using concepts of Solidity and deploy it on a local test Blockchain, Ganache.
- Developing a DApp
- Compile and Deploy the Smart Contract
- Publish the DApp
- Connecting to DApp
- Ganache Output for Transaction Migration
In this module, you will learn about Hyperledger project to develop an enterprise-grade and open-source distributed ledger framework. You will be taught about the Hyperledger architecture, its consensus mechanism, and about four major Hyperledger frameworks.
- Introduction to Hyperledger
- Hyperledger architecture
- Hyperledger API and Application Model
- Network Topology
- Exploring Hyperledger frameworks
- Business Network Deployment on Hyperledger Composer Playground
In this module, you will learn about Hyperledger Fabric and how to develop business networks using Hyperledger Composer. Also, you will be deploying and testing your business network.
- Setting up Development Environment using Composer
- Developing business networks
- Testing business networks
- Introduction to Hyperledger Fabric
- Hyperledger Fabric Model
- Various ways to create Hyperledger Fabric
- Blockchain Network
In this module, you will learn about Multichain platform. You will be able to setup your private Blockchain environment. Also, you will be able to customize your Blockchain parameters as per your requirements.
- What Is Multichain?
- Privacy and Permissions in Multichain
- Mining in Multichain
- Multiple configurable Blockchains using Multichain
- Setting up a Private Blockchain
In this module, you will understand how Blockchain is essentially shaping the future economics. Discussions on various use cases of Blockchain will clear the missing segment of the picture.
- Blockchain prospering our world
- Blockchain transforming business and professionalism
- Discussing practical use-cases of Blockchain
- Real case scenarios of Blockchain
- How governments around the world are using Blockchain