Android Software Development
Course number: CGIAP40
This Android Training Course will prepare you to work with the Android platform & Android programming. The course will enable you to develop android apps and register on Google Play Store. Some important topics covered in this training are Android Architecture, its components and the various resources, the process of Application Lifecycle, the Layout Manager, the different styles, menus, intents, broadcast notifications, the SQLite database and Google Play Store registration.
What You Will Learn in this Training Course:
- Learn about the Android basic, its Architecture and the mobile App Market
- The various components of Android and Application Life cycle Resources
- Create Menus and Layouts in Android
- Use the SQLite Database for creation of Android Applications
- Work on animation, content creation, data storage, Maps API
- Work with Android Studio, DDMS, Listeners and other tools
- Learn to design interactive apps with multimedia
- Publish the app on the Google Play Store
- Anyone without programming knowledge who is interested in Android Application Development can take this Training. A basic knowledge of Java or any object-oriented programming will certainly help.
- Software, System and web developers
- College graduates and Android app enthusiasts
Associate Android Developer by Google
Associate Android Developer Exam from Google.com
Post class completion, students may appear for the Associate Android Developer Exam from Google.com.
Introduction to Android Operating System, history of Android, the various versions of Android and their features, the Android Architecture, introduction to app market, Android runtime, the Android Development Environment
Learning about the various components of Android, the application lifecycle, Android manifest, the various Android resources, dimension, image and color resources, resource reference syntax, studying Android View and View Group, the concept of Android buttons, check box, radio button
Introduction to Android layout manager, the various layouts like table, relative, linear, frame and learning about themes
Introduction to Android intents, the implicit and explicit intents, learning about built-in intent actions, invoking of activity, data passing and learning about pending intents.
- An overview of Android menus, creation and deployment of menus, responding to menus through listeners and options item selected, deploying sub menus, working with context menus, using XML files for menu creation, responding to such menus, XML menu resource file inflating, response to XML-based menu
Understanding how services work in Android, the service life cycle, the types of services like bound and unbounded services, the distinction between them, creation of service in Android
Android broadcast receiver, registering the broadcast receiver, deploying Broadcast () method for broadcasting message, broadcast message listening, using manifest file for registering a receiver, understanding Android notification, creation of notification and working with context menu
Understanding the Android preference management, introduction to preference manager, creation and working with preferences, the most common shared preferences, reading of preference values, saving and retrieving preference using code
Introduction to SQLite database, understanding how it works in Android, storing internally and externally, database creation using SQL Helper, working with records – creating, updating, reading and deleting records
Learning about content providers, the concepts, storing data in Android, creation of content provider
Introduction to Android location framework, integrating Google Maps into application, steps for Google Maps API V2
Android location-based services, geo-location, the location API, extracting the location using GPS, registering for location listener, adding permissions to manifest file
Learning about Android hardware component integration into applications, sensors, working with sensor manager, camera applications, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi integration
Understanding the services of telephony and SMS and deploying it into Android applications
Introduction to the multimedia features in Android, the various media components like video, audio, animation, visual graphics, learning to work with various services like audio and video recording, frame by frame animation, defining frames to be animated, animation layout, learning about basic Tween animation in Android
Learning about Web Service, the various components and features of Web Services in Android
Debugging Android applications, introduction to the various debugging tools, learning to export the app to the Google Play Store, registering for the Google Play Store
Project – Google Maps
Problem Statement – This project is involved with integrating of Google Map services into the Android application, adding of marker, firing of event and showing of location. It involves the following:
Install Google Play Services, create a Google Map project, get a Google Maps API key, Add the key to your key.